Tuesday 11 December 2012

In Print

Do you find that Christmas shopping leads you to lusting after so many items for yourself? I think it's all the new products that spring up, and their exciting packaging and newness screams at you to look, when you are supposed to be finding tokens of appreciation for other people.

Here are a few things I have picked up this week, getting distracted when I was supposed to be buying for others!

In Print




  1. Charley Harper An Illustrated Life by Todd Oldham I got this as a late (over a month late!!) birthday gift from my brother. I love Charley Harper's art. We saw this in Waterstones and I was absorbed, this book is beautiful being almost exclusively prints of Charley's work, but also has an interview with him as well as information about his life. I found this really interesting as I knew very little about him. So pleased with this :)
  2. Poems of the Sea Something about this book drew me in. I have always loved the sea, and the edition was gorgeous and decided it needed to come home with me. I also got the Haiku book in the same range as a gift for a poetry loving friend. You can get this for £6.99 at amazon, but I got mine for the R.R.P. of £9.99 at a local, independent book shop. Support independent businesses!
  3. Disney A Year of Animation 2013 This was too perfect to pass up on. It is a page a day calendar with pictures from animated Disney films both old and new. £10.20 on Amazon but I got mine for £10.99 in store at Waterstones.

I think it's the cold weather that's drawing me into books and cozy bookshops. Now to flick through my Charley Harper book and finish my hot chocolate. Addicted to these marshmallows right now!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful (the hot chocolate and the reading). :D I love Disney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Disney addict! You should do some Disney themed nails :)

      Delete